What is Drop Shipping?
So, you’re looking to get into the ATM business and are sorting out the details of where to start. Unless you somehow happen to have a warehouse full of high-quality ATMs, you’re going to need to figure out how to source the ATMs you want to sell throughout your community. Drop shipping is one viable option.
But, what is drop shipping? Drop shipping is a fulfillment method by which a store or individual seller can sell products that it doesn’t actually have on hand. Instead, when the product is sold by the retailer, it purchases the product from a third party and has it shipped directly to the customer. This process alleviates the need for the seller to handle the product directly.
According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, the term “drop-ship” means “to ship (goods) from a manufacturer or wholesaler directly to a customer instead of to the retailer who took the order.”
Who is Involved in Drop Shipping?
There are three components to Drop Shipping:
- The Manufacturer – In this case, the manufacturer is the creator and producer of the ATM.
- The Wholesaler – A wholesaler, such as ATM Megastore, purchases the ATMs from the manufacturers in large quantities and stores them. They then resell the ATMs to stores and individual retailers at a slightly increased price point.
- The Retailer – The retailer can be a store or an individual who then sells the ATMs to the public at a marked-up cost.
How Does it Work?
The process is actually quite simple. The customer purchases an ATM from you, the retailer. You receive the order and immediately contact your drop shipping partner. The drop shipping partner programs and packs the ATM to send directly to your customer.
What is Pre-Programming?
At ATM Megastore we offer pre-programming services so that the ATMs you sell to your customers are as unique as the people they go to. Branding, messaging, functionality, all can be customized on our ATMs. This gives you the opportunity to sell a truly unique product to your customers. By pre-programming the ATMs before we ship them, ATM Megastore alleviates the hassle of programming the ATM after it has already been installed.
Why Drop Ship?
There are several benefits to drop shipping:
- Low start-up costs – If you’re looking to get into the ATM industry, using a drop shipping service means that you don’t have to purchase a lot of inventory to get your business started.
- Product variety – With drop shipping you can offer a wide range of ATMs and ATM parts since you don’t need the warehouse space to store all of those machines.
- Flexibility – Have the freedom to work from anywhere. You’ll no longer be tied down to a particular office. If you have a good internet connection, you’ll be able to communicate with your customers and your drop shipping partners on the go!
Since you’ll have less control over the production and shipping process, you’ll want to make sure that your business offers top-tier customer service to ensure loyalty and customer satisfaction. However, with those efforts taken care of, and a reputable drop shipping partner on board, you’ll be able to create a successful retail ATM business that stands the test of time.